About the department :
Geomatics is the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and delivering geographic information or spatially referenced information. It includes the tools and techniques used in land surveying, remote sensing, cartography, geographic information systems (GIS), global-navigation satellite systems, photogrammetry, geophysics, geography, and related forms of earth mapping. It can provide an important source of spatial digital data for urban planning, environmental management, architecture, engineering, land and property development.
To be the Benchmark for Geomatics disciplines in the Middle East.
“To prepare highly-qualified graduates to practice in various Geomatics disciplines in accordance with international standards, in addition to leading-edge research activities driven by the development needs for society.” .
The program goals and objectives are embedded in the department's goals
1. Effective Teaching and Learning:
• Prepare efficient and competent graduates ready for work field.
• Support Creativity & Innovation in teaching and learning.
• Review the details of the program in relation to national needs.
2. Innovative Scientific Research:
• Achieve Excellence in Applied and Innovative Research.
• Establish Postgraduate Programs in Geomatics.
3. Influential Leadership and Entrepreneurship:
• Train student, faculty and staff on Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
• Engage in continuing learning and commit to ethical standards in order to advance professionally.
4. Outstanding Service for the Community:
• Support Collaboration with community service organizations.
• Support existing and emerging urban observatories.
• Honesty and Transparency